Spring production – 20th to 23rd March 2024
“And Then There Were None” by Agatha Christie
Directed by Veronica Cringle
Ten Little Soldiers
- Ten little Soldier Boys went out to dine; One choked his little self and then there were nine.
- Nine little Soldier Boys sat up very late; One overslept himself and then there were eight.
- Eight little Soldier Boys travelling in Devon; One said he’d stay there and then there were seven.
- Seven little Soldier Boys chopping up sticks; One chopped himself in halves and then there were six.
- Six little Soldier Boys playing with a hive; A bumblebee stung one and then there were five……….
Who? How? Where next? Will you guess.
Our production will reveal all.
Summer production – 26th to 29th June 2024
“The Rise and Fall of Little Voice” by Jim Cartwright
Directed by Judith Mason-Griffiths with Assistant Director Roy Stevens
In a damp, fire-hazard ridden house in Scarborough lives a lonely young girl (LV) and her overbearing mother, Mari. LV doesn’t go out. Her only friends are the stars who sing on the record collection left to her by her late father. By singing along to the records, LV unwittingly starts to impersonate and sound uncannily like the voices on the records.
LV’s constant singing irritates Mari whereas local lotharo and amateur impresario Ray Say instantly recognises LV’s talent. He takes a gamble on promoting LV initially at the local working men’s club but sees a glittering future for her and of course himself as the man who discovered and launched ‘Little Voice.’
Unfortunately not everything goes to plan in this bittersweet story but anyone who enjoys larger than life northern characters and hit songs of yesteryear will enjoy this show.
November production – 20th to 23rd November 2024
“The Talented Mr Ripley ” by Patricia Highsmith